Expanded Zephyr Express
The Expanded Zephyr Express is the ONLY starter set with its simplicity, wide variety of advanced features, and a clear positive upgrade path to bigger and better things without obsolescing anything. It is the Absolute Best Entry-Level System and makes a Great Add-on Yard Throttle and Booster for existing Digitrax systems.
For an entry-level system, the Expanded Zephyr Express has many impressive features – practically a mini-Chief. Check out this list of Zephyr features:
The Expanded Zephyr Express Starter Set Includes:
- DCS-52 Booster Command Station/Power Booster and Throttle (rated at 3 Amps)
- Decoder LT-1 Test Kit
- Digitrax UT6 Walk Around Throttle
- Digitrax UP-5 Panel
- 2 Basic Locomotive Decoders (HO DH126D or N-Scale DN135D) your choice.
- 5′ LocoNet Cable
- PS-314 Power Supply (110 Volts or 240 Volts)
- Digitrax Decoder Manual
- Digitrax Zephyr Express Manual.
Select your Decoder size below ↓
Zephyr Express Capabilities:
- Color 2.4 LCD Screen.
- Large Backlit Keypad.
- Command Station, Booster, and Throttle all contained in one “Console” station.
- Large Loco control spin-knob throttle
- Large Direction knob with Brake position
- Two “jump” ports that allow you to use 2 traditional DC analog throttles to control 2 trains
- LocoNet (6-wire phone cable and RJ12 jacks) peer-to-peer network for throttles and accessories
- Accepts all Digitrax throttles: plug-in & walk-around, Infrared or Radio throttles.
- Operate up to 20 throttles (engineers) at one time.
- Control up to 20 trains at once
- 14, 28, and 128 speed steps
- Two- and Four-Digit Addressing, selectable with 10-key pad
- Analog loco controlled with address “00”
- 3-amp booster with 13.8-volt (N/HO) output
- Additional boosters can be added as needed
- Control front and rear lights plus up to 29 other functions with built-in throttle
- Mute Key used in conjunction with DCC sound decoders to turn the sound on/off.
- Control up to 999 turnouts
- Turnout feedback: memory, positive, and exact
- Basic, Uni-Versal, and Advanced MU consisting
- Separate programming track allows programming in any mode while layout continues to run.
- Program all CVs with any required value
- Read/Write programming, even in OPS-Mode, if layout is wired with Transponding Receivers
- OPS-Mode programming. The Zephyr throttle display will not do OPS-mode read back.
- Braking feature that allows you to set and release the brake with a lever on the console..
- Use PR-3 interface (s) to connect one or more computers to the system (Sold Seporatly)
- Easily upgrades to the Chief without being obsolete
- Can be added to any system to be used as a yard throttle with it’s own booster for the yard