- Provides Automatic Block Signaling (ABS) for 4 sequential blocks in both directions
- Supports 2 or 3 element signal heads, this means you signal head must have a RED & GREEN or RED, YELLOW and GREEN lamps or LEDs.
- Signal Links will power either 12 volt lamps or LED’s with appropriate resistors (100+ ohms).
- A detection system must be installed on the railroad to trigger the Signal Links board. Suggested detection systems are the Digitrax BDL-168 or DS-54 equipped with a BD-1 or any system that puts out a ground when the block is occupied. (sold separately)
- You can also be operated from most any other detection device capable of providing at least a 1.2 volt DC signal to the SL4x2. With other than BDL168 detection, the input current must be limited to no more than 10 mA.)
- Six conductor telephone cables are used between the Signal Links board (SL4x2) and the signal. Southern Digital will custom make these cables to length for you. (See Phone Cables below).
- One 10 conductor ribbon cable is required between a Digitrax BDL-168 and the Signal Links board, Southern Digital will custom make these cables to length for you. (See Ribbon Cables below).